How to Rebuild Your Vision by Breathing Properly
Did you know that breathing the right way is crucial in having perfect eyesight?
An article from Bates’ Better Eyesight Magazine 1923 wrote,
“Many people with imperfect sight are benefited by breathing. One of the best methods is to separate the teeth while keeping the lips closed, breathe deeply as if one were yawning. When done properly one can feel the air cold as it passes through the nose and down the throat. This method of breathing secures a great amount of relaxation of the nose, throat, the body generally, including the eyes and ears.”
If you think about it, breathing has always been advocated as an excellent relaxing tool in meditation classes. Most of us are not aware of the fact that effort causes us to strain our eyes.
Therefore a logical solution to chronically strained eyes, is naturally relaxation. Think about it.
The problem is, most of us are not breathing the nature intended to be. We tend to breathe shallowly. To do it correctly try the following method:
- Lie on your back and relax your body.
- Place a small cushion just below your knee.
- Position your right hand on your chest and your left hand on your abdomen.
- Now exhale all the air in your lungs.
- When you start to inhale, note which part of your body is rising first.
- Ideally, your left hand is the one which should rise while your right hand should rise only by a small amount, and only after your abdomen has risen.
It’s normal if it feels weird the first few times you try or if you feel dizzy. That’s your body trying to adjest to the right way fo breathing. As you continue breathing this way, it will become a habit and you’ll longer need to put any effort into it – just like the way you are breathing now.
That’s the beauty of this technique – once you got it, you don’t even realize you’re doing it. But remember that although this is beneficial to your vision (and many people practices it to keep their perfect eyesight), it is not sufficient to rebuild your visions if you’ve been wearing glasses for long periods of time.
For your body to be able to truly regain control your eyes, three parts are necessary:
- Good vision habits just like the one I explained here.
- Eye exercises.
I hope this articles helps you achieve the habits because it’s the easiest to do.