Cash Grants For Home Improvement – How to Get Free Money For Home Improvement?
The Stimulus Package announced by President Barack Obama provides ‘affordability’ through several plans. The Federal Government provides cash grants for home improvement. These help you improve your house, repair it, increase property value, etc. You are not required to pay them back to the government. But there are several conditions that you need to qualify to avail this financial help.
Here is a brief description of them:
* You must be above 18 years of age and must be a tax paying house owner in order to apply for these grants.
* The cash grants for home improvement are not provided for luxurious improvements. They are offered for the necessity. Your reasons must valid.
* These are provided for repairing the damages caused by some natural calamities like earthquake.
There are several home improvement cash grants provided by the government. These include the following:
* Communities Development Block Grants: This helps various communities in their economic development and housing rehabilitation.
* Farm Labor Housing Loans and Grants: This offers safe and decent low rented accommodation to domestic farm laborers.
* Housing Application Packaging Grants: This helps the small families having very low income to build or repair their homes.
To apply for these home improvement grants, the best way is to contact your local county. You would be able to get the correct information about the procedure to get these privileges. You may get a home repair grant worth around $ 12,000 from the local government. The other way is to contact the HUD (US Housing And Urban Development) department. HUD will also help you in applying for these Federal grants. HUD counselors are there to help you with all your queries. They won’t charge you any fee for the help and guidance provided as they are paid under the Stimulus Package 2009. The other safe option is to search online.